Dale E. Fowler School of Law
The Dale E. Fowler School of Law, commonly referred to as Fowler Law School, is the law school of Chapman University. It is located in Orange, California. Here are some key points about the Dale E. Fowler School of Law:
- History: The Fowler School of Law was founded in 1995 and is named after Dale E. Fowler, a philanthropist and supporter of the law school.
- Location: The law school is located in Orange, California, which is part of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area. Its location provides students with access to legal, governmental, and professional opportunities in Southern California.
- Accreditation: Fowler Law School is accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools (AALS).
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) Program: The law school offers a traditional three-year J.D. program for students aspiring to become licensed attorneys in the United States. The program covers a wide range of legal subjects.
- Experiential Learning: Fowler Law School places a strong emphasis on experiential learning through its clinical programs, externships, and practical training opportunities. Students can gain hands-on experience by working on real legal cases.
- Specializations and Centers: The law school offers specializations in areas such as entertainment law, tax law, and international law. It also houses several research centers and institutes focused on specific legal areas.
- Bar Passage Rates: Graduates of the law school typically take the California Bar Examination, and the law school provides support and resources to help them prepare for the bar exam.
- Moot Court and Mock Trial: Fowler Law School has a moot court program and mock trial program that allows students to develop their advocacy and trial skills.
- Diversity and Inclusion: The law school is committed to diversity and inclusion and has initiatives and organizations dedicated to promoting a diverse and inclusive learning environment.
- Public Interest and Pro Bono Work: Fowler Law School encourages students to engage in public interest and pro bono work through its clinics, externships, and other initiatives.
- Alumni Network: The law school has an alumni network with graduates who have pursued legal careers in various sectors, including law firms, government, business, and nonprofit organizations.
The Dale E. Fowler School of Law at Chapman University offers a comprehensive legal education with a focus on experiential learning, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to public service. Its location in Orange, California, provides students with access to legal opportunities in the Southern California region, including the Los Angeles metropolitan area.
- Financial Aid
- Degree Programs
- Hugh & Hazel Darling Law Library
- Career Center
ABA Required Disclosures on admissions, tuition and costs, financial aid, bar passage rates, and employment outcomes.
Other Information of Interest
- Centers and Institutes
- Legal Clinics
- Pro Bono Programs
- Student Organizations
- International Programs
- Course Catalog
- Law School Communications
Publications and Media
1 University Dr.
Orange, CA 92866