McGeorge School of Law
McGeorge School of Law, also known as the University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, is a law school located in Sacramento, California. Here are some key points about McGeorge School of Law:
- History: McGeorge School of Law was founded in 1924 and is one of the oldest law schools in California.
- Location: The law school is located in Sacramento, the capital of California. Its location provides students with access to legal, governmental, and professional opportunities in the city and throughout the state.
- Accreditation: McGeorge School of Law is accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA) and is a member of the Association of American Law Schools (AALS).
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) Program: The law school offers a traditional three-year J.D. program for students aspiring to become licensed attorneys in the United States. The program covers a wide range of legal subjects.
- Experiential Learning: McGeorge School of Law places a strong emphasis on experiential learning through its clinical programs, externships, and practical training opportunities. Students can gain hands-on experience by working on real legal cases.
- Specializations and Centers: The law school offers specializations in areas such as international law, environmental law, and health law. It also houses several research centers and institutes focused on specific legal areas.
- Bar Passage Rates: Graduates of the law school typically take the California Bar Examination, and the law school provides support and resources to help them prepare for the bar exam.
- Moot Court and Mock Trial: McGeorge School of Law has a strong moot court and mock trial program that allows students to develop their advocacy and trial skills.
- Diversity and Inclusion: The law school is committed to diversity and inclusion and has initiatives and organizations dedicated to promoting a diverse and inclusive learning environment.
- Public Interest and Pro Bono Work: McGeorge School of Law encourages students to engage in public interest and pro bono work through its various clinics, externships, and community engagement programs.
- Alumni Network: The law school has an active alumni network, with graduates who have pursued legal careers in various sectors, including law firms, government, business, and nonprofit organizations.
McGeorge School of Law is known for its strong legal education, particularly in fields such as international law and government law, and its commitment to public service. Its location in the capital city of California provides unique opportunities for students interested in government, public interest law, and policy-related legal work.
ABA Required Disclosures on admissions, tuition and costs, financial aid, bar passage rates, and employment outcomes.
Other Information of Interest
- Centers and Institutes
- Legal Clinics
- Pro Bono Programs
- Student Organizations
- International Programs
- Course Catalog
- Law School Communications
Publications and Media
3200 5th Ave.
Sacramento, CA 95817